Specs:
    20" iMac
    Question Rip Audio and Stills from DVD?
    What's the easiest way to rip audio clips from a DVD. For example, there's a movie that you think is hilarious and you want to grab a couple of one-liners off of it. How would you best do that in Mac OS X?

What's the easiest way to capture still images from a DVD? For example, perhaps there's some priceless expression on one of the characters in the movie and you want to grab a JPG of the frame. How would you best do that under Mac OS X?

todd51
    I would say to pause it, then hit Command+Shift+4. Then hit the space bar and take a picture of that specific window.

Specs:
    20" iMac
    That gets it onto the clipboard. How do I get a screen capture (screenshot) from the clipboard to a file?

Specs:
    Imac 27" Retina 3.3GHz, 512GB Flash, 16GB memory, OS X.11.4.
    As copying a commercial DVD is illegal no help here. Probably find it has 'blockers' in the original copy to prevent this also.

Specs:
    2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
    You are using the key combination Control-Command-Shift-3 (or 4), which, copies the capture into your Clipboard memory. To save the screenshot to the desktop use Command-Shift-3 (or 4). In Snow Leopard it gets saved on the desktop. If it isn't on your desktop, check in your downloads folder.

Found this on the Apple Pro Tips website.

Okay, you probably already know the ol’ Command-Shift-3 shortcut for taking a screen capture of your entire screen, and you may even know about Command-Shift-4, which gives you a crosshair cursor so you can choose which area of the screen you want to capture. But perhaps the coolest, most-secret hidden capture shortcut is Control-Command-Shift-3 (or 4), which, instead of creating a file on your desktop, copies the capture into your Clipboard memory, so you can paste it where you want. (I use this to paste screen captures right into Photoshop.) - Apple - Pro - Tips - The Secret Screen Capture Shortcut - Some good tips there by the way
    Use the reputation system if a post helps you!
    Mac Forums IRC Channel - Help build it by hanging out with us
    The next sentence is true. The previous sentence is false.

Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    As harryb has indicated, breaking the encryption found on most all commercial DVD's is illegal here in the U.S. even if it's just for your own use. Therefore it's not allowed in the forum.

From our Community Guidelines:
    Respect copyrights and the law.
    Don’t discuss or conduct content theft or any other illegal activity. Period. We follow U.S. law on the forums, so just because something might be legal in your country doesn’t mean it will be allowed here. If you’re ever in doubt, contact one of the moderators before you post.
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Thread Information