New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Looking for a camcorder

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

bl4ckc0d3

bl4ckc0d3 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: MacBookPro 15"

hello guys and new using Mac..... I'm looking to see if anyone can put me in the right direction. I going on vacations real soon for Christmas I am looking for a camcorder, I am not a professional when it become to video editing Im just want to be able to save it on my Mac, my budget is about $300 maybe few extra bucks.. Thanks guys i will really appreciate any help.......
QUOTE Thanks
CactusVideoGuy

CactusVideoGuy is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2008 15.4" Santa Rosa (C2D, 2.2GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD)

In short, the Sony SR47.. end of story.

Cheers!

You can make some people happy some of the time, but you can never make a PC enthusiast understand the brilliance of the Macintosh OS. Until you put it in front of them.
QUOTE Thanks
shadylady88

shadylady88 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 10.5.6

Hi! I'm in a similar situation! Going on vacation in New Orleans over Christmas...need a good HD (it can have internal hard drive memory or I can buy the SD cards - which is the only reason I won't buy Sony..a totally different memory card format! What WERE THEY THINKING???).
I'm just interested in:

Must work on my new Macbook running '09 on everything and OS 10.6.1
Must be able to capture decent video in low light
Must be small and portable
able to capture "action" shots and not be a "blur"! and must be
Easy to operate

Have looked on Consumer Reports, Newegg reviews, Amazon, etc. and I'm just as confused as ever! I was going for the Canon Vixia HG21.
Can anyone suggest anything? I'm kinda leery on buying a "not well known and respected" brand...six months from now we'll have a bunch of new camcorders, so no use in paying too much $$$!!

Thanks in advance!
Shadylady88
QUOTE Thanks
CactusVideoGuy

CactusVideoGuy is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2008 15.4" Santa Rosa (C2D, 2.2GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD)

If you can find it in clearance or NOS (new old stock), then go for the Canon Vixia HF10/HF100 series.. (HF10 has built-in memory; HF100 does not, and simply needs you to put in an SDHC card). In any instance, when you *do* look for additional SDHC cards to beef up your recording time, ALWAYS spend the extra few shekels and get Class 6 cards. The specs say you only need to use Class 4, but you'll thank yourself in the long haul. Oh, and don't forget an extra battery.

Cheers!

You can make some people happy some of the time, but you can never make a PC enthusiast understand the brilliance of the Macintosh OS. Until you put it in front of them.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Cluster computing for video / 3d feasibility. | Photo Booth not recording entire video »