New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

iDVD 7 (iLife 09) : no sound issue

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

cesar_spain

cesar_spain is on a distinguished road

Dear all:

Here my problem, I hope someone could help me out:

1.- New iDVD project
2.- Import AVI file (with 2 languages on it)
3.- Create DVD disc image: so iDVD encode the stuff into DVD format
4.- Burn DVD image into physical disc
5.- Insert DVD into MAC, DVD recorder is launched. I see perfectly the DVD, sound and image are fine.
6.- Try this DVD in a conventional DVD recorder => NO SOUND AT ALL

Anyone knows what is happening? Is it a problem with the recorder or iDVD image?

Thanks

César
QUOTE Thanks
bob3250

bob3250 is on a distinguished road

I have a similar problem. I recently updated to iLife 09.
I have created two movies now containing background music imported from iTunes. Works great in iMovie but when I create an iDVD, all sound, including original soundtrack are missing.
If I remove all the added music, everything works fine. These are all different tracks, all purchased from the iTunes store.
What has happened?
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

cesar, try converting the AVI to a QuickTime .mov file using either H.264 as the video codec with ACC audio, or AIC (Apple Intermediate) as the video codec with PCM audio.

I've formed this opinion that AVI files have issues with the Apple tools. I don't know why or what it is. Perhaps it is the codec contained in the AVI file wrapper. I've just seen enough questions mentioning problems with AVI files and the Apple tools.

bob, I think you only choice is to burn a CD and reimport the tunes. I think the tools are protecting the purchased songs. They are if those songs have DRM on them.

CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.
QUOTE Thanks
cesar_spain

cesar_spain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstep View Post
cesar, try converting the AVI to a QuickTime .mov file using either H.264 as the video codec with ACC audio, or AIC (Apple Intermediate) as the video codec with PCM audio.

I've formed this opinion that AVI files have issues with the Apple tools. I don't know why or what it is. Perhaps it is the codec contained in the AVI file wrapper. I've just seen enough questions mentioning problems with AVI files and the Apple tools.

bob, I think you only choice is to burn a CD and reimport the tunes. I think the tools are protecting the purchased songs. They are if those songs have DRM on them.
Thank you very much for your help.

Finally it was OK, the problem was related to the IMG to ISO images transformation, since the original image worked fine.

Anyway, it is a pitty to loose one language (spanish - english). I was planning to produce 300 copies of those DVDs, and I can't find the way to keep both languages. Some people I would like to send it (as present) is german, so at least english language is required.

Related to iMovie, I am not sure why but there are so many problems between iDVD and iMovie, it is not the first post I see related to the issue Bob described. Unfortunately I never use iMovie, so, I don't know how to solve it.

May be we have to use iDVD Studio Pro, expensive and to much bundle for the easy thing we are looking for.

César
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Why do none of my events, projects, or recorded movies appear in iMovie 09? | In One-Step, can I do two video tapes? »