skullion
    How do I play or burn these video files
    I always get these weird files with names like VOB,BHP,LIN and a bunch of other stuff that cannot be played. Usually the files are broken up into smaller files that when clicked on open up stuffitt, make another file,then when the other file is clicked on they revert back to the original. I have a mac mini. Pleases explain what to do. Can I watch these files or am I wasting time.I usually play downloaded files with VLC or quicktime pro. I have a burner so i can burn onto dvd if that is what is needed.

Specs:
    PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
    those files should be in a folder called video_ts and/or audio_ts, you can play these using vlc player or burn them as dvd's in toast under the data tab as a udf.

skullion
    They arent video ts
    [QUOTE=Macman]those files should be in a folder called video_ts and/or audio_ts, you can play these using vlc player or burn them as dvd's in toast under the data tab as a udf.[/QUOTE
    I get video ts folders from ripping my own dvds. this is something I downloaded from torrentspy. I get alot of these and never are they in ts folders . Some of them are the same size( about 4 gb-what my own movies become after I compress them} but vlc wont work. One of the little white files in my meet the fockers folder says this;bhp-mtf.r01. they keep going up in number to about bhp-mtf.r95 with other files including a picture of the art on the disk.They dont look anything like the video files I can play already.Some of these files also come with url folder that usually takes you to a website with of course no instructions on how to play the dam video.Thanks

Specs:
    PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
    these are most likely part of a ripped dvd, but not arranged in a video ts folder, it won't work, the .vob files are also required. if you have those and the vob files, try dropping them in a video_ts folder you create and see if it'll let you burn it. there should be as many, or just about as many .vob files as there are white files.

Specs:
    21in. iMac 10.11 --- HP win 10
    If they have a .r01 extension and the numbers increase they might be Rar files. Try dropping one on UnRarX. Does one have the extension .rar or .par?
    Delusions are often functional. A motherís opinions about her childrenís beauty, intelligence, goodness, et cetera ad nauseam, keep her from drowning them at birth.
    -Lazarus Long

Thread Information