Some photos in iMovie are as clips others are not
    I am using a Macbook Pro 2.4 GHz
    iMovie 8.0.4

I am using iMovie for the first time. I am editing a video project for the first time. It is going quite well thanks in part to the video tutorials on Apple's site.

I have imported some .jpg photos from iPhoto into my iMovie project. Some of these photos seem to be imported as clips and I get the little cog wheel when I put the mouse over it. Other photos seem to be imported as photos and I can't edit it to the same extent as the clip "photo."

All I am trying to do is extend the amount of time some of the photos are shown. I can't seem to do this with some of the photos.

The only difference I have noticed is that those photos imported as clips has the file extension .JPG while the other "problem" photos end with .jpg; in other words, capitalization is the only difference I can see.

Does anyone know how to extend the time shown of various photos?

Specs:
    2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
    Try double clicking on the image. A window should pop up with two tabs in it. One says 'Clip', the other says 'Video'.

Under the 'Clip' tab, there is a field for duration. Change that to an appropriate time, such as 4:00. Note the colon.

Make sure the 'Apply to all stills' is de-selected.

I'm surprised some photos have the issue and others do not. My quick little experiment indicates that it is not the difference between .jpg and .JPG.
    CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.

And it was as simple as that. Why I didn't do that I have no idea. I guess after many hours of editing I had a brain fart.

Some clips show me the little cog wheel to enter the editing function, while others do not. However, double clicking still on either brings into the editing option.

Thanks.

Specs:
    2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
    I would expect to see that cog-wheel available in all clips. So your description of it missing in some is foreign to me. Still, you can use the 'Window' menu to get to the options not available via the double click, like the 'Precision Editor' and the 'Cropping, Ken Burns & Rotation' options.
    CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.

Thread Information