ausmac
    idvd track initialization error
    I am having troubles burning an idvd project. It contains 2.9GB of home movies and slideshows (59 minutes in total) with 7 motion menus, 13 tracks and 7 menus (ie well within the limits). I am using a powermac G4 with 1GB RAM and the iLife 05. The project will encode and render all the menus, transitions, slideshows and movies and when it is about to burn the dvd I get a track initialization error and it asks me to delete the encoded assets and start again. I have tried to burn this project at least 6 times and get the same error. Any advice?

Deserttoad
    I am having the EXACT same problem, and it's driving me crazy!

I'm also using a G4 - 768 meg RAM, idvd 5, and a LaCie d2 burner with lightscribe - but I have yet to be able to use it.

Did you find a fix, ausmac?

DT

Specs:
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Cool
    It has been a long time since I received that error. I don't remember what I did to resolve it. But here are some of the problems I had. Make sure that the scratch area is at less 4.5 GB in size. Don't use any of the cheap DVD media that available. The other thing that comes to mine is which media are you using DVD-R or DVD+R? That could be the problem also.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

Deserttoad
    Finally!

All is working well now, thought I'd post it here, it might help somebody.

I downloaded all the available updates, all iapps were updated twice in the last week, the last having a fix for the audio sync idvd problem, and also the slide show prob as well. Once I installed all the downloads, I had to go back to imovie and recreate my dvd, then exported to idvd. I also went back to iphoto and resent my slideshow to idvd. Now everything is working correctly.

thanks,

DT

Specs:
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Cool
    Happy to hear all is well.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

Deserttoad
    Thanks, just know I had a heck of time finding any solutions, so I thought I post mine.

Now if I could just get my Lightscribe to work....sheesh!

Thread Information