New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Need some suggestions!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Ragana

Ragana is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.4 GHz - 2GB Ram - 250GB HDD

Alright, for my film studies class we been assigned to create a film-company from scratch. Over the course of the past semester we been making short videos and whatnot so now we need to create a website, Youtube channel, etc.. to promote those videos and spread the word.

I need help coming up with a name. Something clever (you remember names such as Lionsgate, Dreamworks, Lakeshore, etc..) and catchy that will remain in peoples minds and hopefully cause them to come back. Some of the suffixes I could use: Entertainment, Productions, Pictures, Studios, etc. Any ideas?

Thanks ahead of time,

Tomas

"No no. No. You don't understand. You can't make a deal with him. Even if you gave him the money he'd still kill you. He's a peculiar man. You could even say that he has principles. Principles that transcend money or drugs or anything like that. He's not like you. He's not even like me.... "
QUOTE Thanks
Andy_M

Andy_M has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15.4" MBP Sep 09, 2.66Ghz C2D, 4Gb Ram, 320Gb HDD 7200rpm, 10.6.x / iPod Touch 8Gb

VideoLabs
FootageSpire
Trans ition Films
New Reel Pictures
QUOTE Thanks
Nikonshooter

Nikonshooter is on a distinguished road

i SEE u PRODUCTIONS

27' iMac i5 2.7 10.7.1  1TB HD  16GB DDR3 - AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB - Magic Trackpad * White iPhone 4s 16GB  iPad 2 64GB  iPod Nano 1st Generation  iPod Nano 6th Generation  iPod Touch 1st Generation  MacBook Unibody 1st Generation 
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

NOTE: Thread moved to appropriate forum. Not just anything goes in Anything Goes

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragana View Post
I need help coming up with a name. Something clever (you remember names such as Lionsgate, Dreamworks, Lakeshore, etc..) and catchy that will remain in peoples minds and hopefully cause them to come back. Some of the suffixes I could use: Entertainment, Productions, Pictures, Studios, etc. Any ideas?

Thanks ahead of time,

Tomas
In the creative area that you're studying (film studies)...aren't you supposed to use your own "creative juices" to come up with a name?

Isn't it sort of like defeating the purpose of the assignment...if you get a great idea from someone else over the internet?

My 2 cents,

- Nick
QUOTE Thanks
Andy_M

Andy_M has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15.4" MBP Sep 09, 2.66Ghz C2D, 4Gb Ram, 320Gb HDD 7200rpm, 10.6.x / iPod Touch 8Gb

Yeah but I may get lucky and stuck in Credit

Name Creator Andrew Makowsky
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_M View Post
Yeah but I may get lucky and stuck in Credit

Name Creator Andrew Makowsky
Then you would be famous...and could buy any Macintosh you wanted!

Although the laptop you're getting is pretty darn nice!

- Nick
QUOTE Thanks
Ragana

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
In the creative area that you're studying (film studies)...aren't you supposed to use your own "creative juices" to come up with a name?

Isn't it sort of like defeating the purpose of the assignment...if you get a great idea from someone else over the internet?

My 2 cents,

- Nick
That you are, but, I was curious to see what other people come up with as well. I figured this would be easy but I sat down yesterday and after six hours, came up with nothing.

"No no. No. You don't understand. You can't make a deal with him. Even if you gave him the money he'd still kill you. He's a peculiar man. You could even say that he has principles. Principles that transcend money or drugs or anything like that. He's not like you. He's not even like me.... "
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragana View Post
That you are, but, I was curious to see what other people come up with as well. I figured this would be easy but I sat down yesterday and after six hours, came up with nothing.
I "feel" for ya...this sort of assignment is not always as easy as it sounds.

It's sort of like being told to sit down & come up with a brand new invention...and by the way...you have 48 hours to do it!

I guess the big question is...if someone posts a great idea here on the Mac-Forums...will you:

- use it verbatim
- modify it slightly
- not use it

Temptation grasshopper...temptation!

Good luck,

- Nick
QUOTE Thanks
Ragana

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post

My 2 cents,

- Nick
All my short films are still-picture based, pretty much the same style as Kebn Burns. I don't focus on one genre though, which is why it's tough to come up with something specific.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« My video cuts to just more than half when I import it to iMovie 09. | Audio in an iMovie project stored on eHDD »