New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

flip video

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

southchatham

southchatham is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2006 macbook, 2009 mac mini

I thought I would tell my flip video experience. I wanted to get a flip video so I had a video recorder always close at hand. So today I bought the flip video ultra. After hours of research before I bought it I was prepared to go through a rough time to get the videos into imovie 08. I almost bought quick time pro, but I found a share ware program that converts. So I took a couple of short takes. I decided to just try going into Imovie before any thing else to prove it won't work. ( everything I read on the web said it won't work) So I made a new folder in my movie folder named flip movies. I plugged the flip into my macbook and did not install any software, I just dragged the files into my new flip folder. Then I opened imovie 08 and imported them. Well, lo and behold, they imported and I can edit just fine. No extra software no trouble at all. Just as easy as my mini dv.
I am using tiger with I movie 08. I Hope this helps anyone considering this video recorder.
QUOTE Thanks
southchatham

I just tested imovie hd. This works also.
QUOTE Thanks
Ballr24

Ballr24 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 13 Inch Apple MacBook Pro; 2.40 GHZ, 4GB Ram, 250GB HDD

glad to hear imovie works well, just less than 30 minutes of playing around i understood it all.
QUOTE Thanks
southchatham

Update: Just installed snow leopard box set with imovie 09. Works the same way in 09. Wants to open iphoto though, have to quit that first. Sample of snow leopard box set made with flip video and imovie 09. Nothing great just a quick movie.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-beb1IE2ng
QUOTE Thanks
mdfuller

mdfuller is a jewel in the roughmdfuller is a jewel in the roughmdfuller is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15-inch MacBook Pro

Sweet. I have been thinking about buying one of these to bring to Lambeau!
QUOTE Thanks
southchatham

Update: Imovie 09 will import directly into events without dragging files into another folder first as described in op. ( as tested on new flip ultra 120 min) 08 and 06 will not work directly importing, follow op instructions. oops sorry about the link, I didn't know it was set to private. should work now.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« I Did an archive reinstall and now my FCE4 is different | downloading video from samsung i8910hd phone into macbook pro »