Thread: Tv or Monitor?

Red Deer AB, Canada
    2012 Mac Mini: 500GB-8GH : iPad 2 64GB
    Tv or Monitor?
    So, in the near future I am going to save up and buy i bigger display to watch movies. I originally settled on a widescreen monitor(like the apple cinema displays) but i also noticed that flat-screen Tvs were larger for the same amount of money (and cheeper one to!). Im all about saving money but I would like some expert oppinions on:
    Tvs vs Monitors
    Best brands
    and other info

Everyone hates cliffhanger endings because..

On the road
    2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
    Just my opinion...

I don't get it. If your intent is movies, then why not buy the display setup for it.

I would think that these HD TVs are more capable for your intended content, movies and TV. For instance, do not some of them (if not all now) handle up conversion. Most have more than one input port and many can have a custom setting per input. As of now, OS X cannot playback Blu-Ray, so you'll have to buy a separate machine and need an extra input for that. When you want to just watch TV, you don't have to power up everything else in the chain just to do that.

I've also seen mentioned that the two devices are setup differently for the expected viewing environments. I don't know if this is fully adjustable, but if it is, you would definitely want those settings per input device.

As for use as another monitor, I don't think viewing text on it would be that great. It would be unsharp compared to a monitor which has smaller and more densely packed pixels. Perhaps that would be fine, and cool, from 10 feet away.
    CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.

Thread Information