New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Issues with Exporting a FCP sequence to QT mov.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Hale

Hale is on a distinguished road

I am trying to export a FCP sequence to a QT mov. but when the QT mov. is played back it is playing some of the audio way out of sync and some of the video is dropped and transitions seamlessly to the next scene. The other thing is sometimes it seems to play just fine but I need to compress it to MPEG and then it happens again when I play it on MPEG stream clip.
I hope I am explaining this okay.
QUOTE Thanks
Nethfel

Nethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10

How are you exporting it to a quicktime movie (steps you are taking)? What kind of Mac are you working on (processor and ram as well if you know)? What version of Final Cut are you using?

My Macs: Late 2013 rMBP w/ 750m; Mac mini G4, 1.25 GHz, 512m ram (server); Late 2011 11" MBA, 1.8GHz i7, 4Gig Ram, 256Gig SSD, HD3000; Powerbook 12" G4 1.33GHz running Debian as a server; Apple TV (1080p version)
QUOTE Thanks
Indifferent

Indifferent is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: MacBook, Iphone 3G 16GB

In my opinion exports made with compressor have less (if any) compression faults.

What are your sequence and Footage settings?

Check Out my OSX oriented blog:
http://dontbeindifferent.blogspot.com/
QUOTE Thanks
cowbrain

cowbrain is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 2.9GHz i7, 16GB DDR, 512GB, , MB black 2.4GHz core two duo, 4GB RAM, 500gb hdd (7200 rpm) 10.6.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hale View Post
The other thing is sometimes it seems to play just fine
I don't see how this can be?
But may have misunderstood your post.
Your FCP which you exported to QT sometimes plays just fine?

If this was me, I'd check my QT player settings and updates before I went about altering my FCP comp settings.

Cheers, CB
QUOTE Thanks
dr dave

dr dave is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro (late 2008), OS 10.6.2, FCE 4.0.1, CS 1

And I would be sure to render the sequence before exporting.

"The government has no money except what is confiscated from the people." M. Freidman
QUOTE Thanks
Nethfel

Nethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10

At this point, it's all rather irrelevant, the OP hasn't been back in a month, and never replied to any statements made on the thread...

My Macs: Late 2013 rMBP w/ 750m; Mac mini G4, 1.25 GHz, 512m ram (server); Late 2011 11" MBA, 1.8GHz i7, 4Gig Ram, 256Gig SSD, HD3000; Powerbook 12" G4 1.33GHz running Debian as a server; Apple TV (1080p version)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Player Which Supports Most Of The Audio And Video Formats | Popcorn 3 Does not play back DVDs after first eject »