New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Some problems exporting from FCP to youtube in HD

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

JeffBookPro

JeffBookPro is on a distinguished road

I use compressor to export video. It uses the h.26 codec and I am doing 30 keyframes, restricting my video to 3000kbps. I am trying to export as 720p.

I am trying to export a five minute video, and it is taking nearly an hour. I knew exporting HD took a while, but really? An hour for five minutes?

Am I doing something wrong? Another problem is a test export, a video that ran 55 seconds is about 600MB.

Anyone know how I can fix this?
I have seen all the guides to uploading to youtube, but my videos are always over the 2GB limit and it takes over an hour for anything 5 minutes plus when exporting.

Macbook- 2.16GHz core 2 duo/2GB RAM/120GB Hard Drive
iMac 20" Aluminum 2.4GHz core 2 duo/4GB RAM/250GB Hard Drive
PC 3.5 GHz core 2 duo/8GB RAM/160GB Hard Drive/Nvidia GTX 275
QUOTE Thanks
Nethfel

Nethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10

Compressor is a great program BUT it is slow as christmas. I've got a video now I'm compressing from AIC 720p60 to mp4 h264, 4500kbps it's a 45 min video and it's looking to take about 4 hours or so (possibly more - that was the estimate when I left for work this morning, I won't know if that time is extended until I get home for lunch). The more the video is changed, the longer it takes to do the work (in my case, the original video has a much higher kbps, and I'm doing a bit of a crop). Some converters I've used are faster then others. You can try to just export your video to quicktime mov, then use something like mpegstreamclip or even from the final cut pro - instead of using compressor, try quicktime conversion.

You've got some hinky settings I know that - I've exported a 13 minute video H.264, ~4000kbps, 720p30 and the file is about 270ish megs - it did take about 40 minutes to export (this one was done in FCE using quicktime conversion, master video was 1080i).

Just some thoughts.

My Macs: Late 2013 rMBP w/ 750m; Mac mini G4, 1.25 GHz, 512m ram (server); Late 2011 11" MBA, 1.8GHz i7, 4Gig Ram, 256Gig SSD, HD3000; Powerbook 12" G4 1.33GHz running Debian as a server; Apple TV (1080p version)
QUOTE Thanks
appledude

appledude is on a distinguished road

It is most likely multi-pass. Create a new setting exactly the same but uncheck the multi pass option.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Canon HF S10? | Video Editing »