New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Need camera recommendations

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kuklachica

kuklachica is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.26 13" MBP, WD 7200 RPM 320GB HDD, 4GB RAM; 2 EDU iBook G4s, 4g nano, 16GB 2g Touch, shuffle

My husband and I are leaving a week from tomorrow for Guatemala to work at an orphanage for two weeks. Being busy with many other things, I have put off camera shopping until now. I need either a VERY cheap camcorder (i.e. $150 or under) to take SHORT videos with that will then be added to keynote presentations to show our students (we are both teachers). OR I would like a good point and shoot with video capability and good optical zoom. These are what I have narrowed my search down to. Do you have any thoughts/considerations? We will not have a computer down there so the Flip is not an option. I prefer something that is SD compatible.

RCA Small Wonder EZ300Newegg.com - RCA EZ300HD Black 2.4" LCD Small Wonder HD Digital Camcorder

Samsung hz15w Samsung HZ15W 12.2-megapixel digital camera with 10X optical zoom at Crutchfield.com

Panasonic dcm-zs1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1 10.1-megapixel digital camera with 12X optical zoom at Crutchfield.com

also considering the dcm zs3 but that is a bit expensive.

Has anyone had any experience with these and can give any input?? Again I am trying to get the biggest bang for the buck and will only be taking up to maybe 5-10 minute videos, no long ones.

Thank you!!
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

NOTE: Thread moved to appropriate forum. Not just anything goes in Anything Goes

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« experienced writer new to film | Getting movies from JVC Everio to DVD »