2.26 13" MBP, WD 7200 RPM 320GB HDD, 4GB RAM; 2 EDU iBook G4s, 4g nano, 16GB 2g Touch, shuffle
    Need camera recommendations
    My husband and I are leaving a week from tomorrow for Guatemala to work at an orphanage for two weeks. Being busy with many other things, I have put off camera shopping until now. I need either a VERY cheap camcorder (i.e. $150 or under) to take SHORT videos with that will then be added to keynote presentations to show our students (we are both teachers). OR I would like a good point and shoot with video capability and good optical zoom. These are what I have narrowed my search down to. Do you have any thoughts/considerations? We will not have a computer down there so the Flip is not an option. I prefer something that is SD compatible.

RCA Small Wonder - RCA EZ300HD Black 2.4" LCD Small Wonder HD Digital Camcorder

Samsung hz15w Samsung HZ15W 12.2-megapixel digital camera with 10X optical zoom at

Panasonic dcm-zs1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1 10.1-megapixel digital camera with 12X optical zoom at

also considering the dcm zs3 but that is a bit expensive.

Has anyone had any experience with these and can give any input?? Again I am trying to get the biggest bang for the buck and will only be taking up to maybe 5-10 minute videos, no long ones.

Thank you!!

Lake Mary, Florida
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    NOTE: Thread moved to appropriate forum. Not just anything goes in Anything Goes
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

Thread Information