Converting .mpeg4 to .3G2 for Samsung Alias 2 cell phone
    Can anybody help me find some software (I'm willing to pay if it works!) that will convert a .mpeg4 movie file into a .3G2 file for my cell phone? I burned a bunch of kid movies from DVD to my iMac, but my Alias 2 phone only reads .3P2 video files. From what I see, .3G2 is a pretty standard file. I keep seeing .3GP, so I'm not sure what the difference is (if there is any). I called Samsung and looked on the Verizon website. No luck. I'm looking now on, versiontracker, and Just wondering if anybody out there has been successful with a particular brand of software. Doesn't look like Handbrake will convert to .3G2.

The Republic of Neptune

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by lifeisabeach View Post
    Thank you so much for the reply. I found great software by Wondershare. Plunked down $30, but in literally two clicks I have a .mp4 converted for my cell phone. This ROCKS!

Thread Information