New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Can I lower the volume of a Part of a song in iMovie?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

RageBiker

RageBiker is on a distinguished road

I'm making a slideshow, but some parts of the slideshow have video, so i want to mute or turn down the volume on the section of the background song that overlaps the video...is this possible? I have iMovie '09 by the way.
QUOTE Thanks
RageBiker

I'm making a slideshow, but some parts of the slideshow have video, so i want to mute or turn down the volume on the section of the background song that overlaps the video...is this possible? I have iMovie '09 by the way.
QUOTE Thanks
Adam R

Adam R is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: mac pro os x 10.5

I haven't tried this but iMovie allows you to have multiple tracks. You could create a second audio track (which is in fact 'silent') and overlay the part of the audio clip where you want to lower the volume. The clip audio properties allow you to nominate to what level you want the audio of the 'other track' reduced.
Let me know if this works
QUOTE Thanks
RageBiker

I was thinking about doing that but instead I just lowered the background music a little and raised the volume of the video, it works ok now, i haven't watched the whole thing back so if it's not great i'll try the overlay
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Toast reducing quality on video file? | Older Versions of iMovie »