New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

iMovie and Toast

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kristieh

kristieh is on a distinguished road

I just installed Toast on my iMac because I wanted to be able to burn my iMovies in HD. I was told Toast was the way to go.

The problem is, I can't just drag and drop my iMovie into Toast. It says I have to do something to it (i can't remember what it said now!) in order to get it into Toast.

Also, a movie I had downloaded won't drag and drop either. It's AVI format and worked in iDVD to burn it.

Am I missing something? The Toast manual tells me I should just be able to drag and drop my iMovies. I have iMovies08.

Thanks for any info!!
QUOTE Thanks
Davidk02

Davidk02 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook, Mac Mini, 2 Classic Ipod's, and an old Imac

What version of Toast are you using? Also, Make sure you have the right format chosen.
QUOTE Thanks
kristieh

Version 9 Titanium

I tried all the formats and it won't even let me drag and drop the imovie.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

I have not tried an iMovie project in ages but AVI files I drop into toast all the time on the DVD tab. It will convert the AVI into a DVD movie then burn the DVD. Works here every time. Will check into an iMovie creation and get back to you.

I hope the AVI's are not downloaded copyrighted movies as we do not allow discussion of such here at Mac Forums.
QUOTE Thanks
Davidk02

Davidk02 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook, Mac Mini, 2 Classic Ipod's, and an old Imac

I'm using version 7, but I imagine 9 should be similar. On mine, to the left hand side there is a sidebar with the options for "format" or "media". Under "format", there are a few options. You probably want to have it set to "DVD Video" (or something similar, I've never used Toast 9). Sorry, I cant help more, hope it works for you.
QUOTE Thanks
kristieh

It's legal.
QUOTE Thanks
kristieh

OK so i got it to work but now I can't get any quality! The movie is perfect on my computer but as soon as its on a disk it is all pixely. Help!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Need help with CD Jewel Case Inserts | iMovie 08 not allowing me to import movies »