New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

iMovie 08: distortions after export

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

VidCutter

VidCutter is on a distinguished road

Hi. I hope somebody out there can help.

When viewing exported iMovie 08 projects I can see distortions of the following kind: short thin horizontal black lines appearing 20 to 30 times within a four-minute clip. They are player-independent, since they also occur after burning the clips with iDVD. These distortions also appear in "simple" clips, that is clips without transitions or titles. They are also visible in slide shows. They are visible no matter what export option I choose: either iMovie's built-in option or export via QuickTime movie to dv or iPod stream. The original clips and jPEG pictures are flawless.

I have a Macbook 2.4 GHz Core Intel Duo with 4 GB RAM.

Thanks in advance.
QUOTE Thanks
visitronix

visitronix is on a distinguished road

I have the exact same issue with my black MacBook 2.4 ghz with 4gb ram. I have this issue with os x 10.5.7 and iMovie '09.

Has anyone found a solution to this yet? So frustrating!
QUOTE Thanks
visitronix

visitronix is on a distinguished road

And the saga continues. I wrote a letter to Steve Jobs and it was forwarded to Nate Doss in the executive department. Apple clearly does not care about it's customers or getting this issue resolved. According to Nate, a software engineer has been calling and emailing me to get this resolved.
Not true. I am fed up with this company and filed a claim with the Better Business Bureau. I suggest that you all contact Nate directly at dossj[at]apple[dot]com and call him 916-399-7245.

Maybe one of you will have better luck. I'm done and I'm filing a class action lawsuit against this sad excuse of a company.
QUOTE Thanks
mkhalil40

mkhalil40 is on a distinguished road

Hi, I have the same problem with iMovie '11, and I can't find the solution anywhere.

Since this post has not been updated for a long time, did someone find the solution ?

It's very frustrating, I tried a lot of combinations with no results yet.

Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iMovie export/crashing issue | How can I easily do this in iMovie? »