New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

FCP filter tips needed

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

noddydog

noddydog is on a distinguished road

I'm currently editing a project about street dancing in Tokyo. You can probably visualise the rushes in front of me, i.e. lot's of young talented people in jeans/Tshirts/baseball caps dancing on their feet, hands, heads, backs. The camera angles are often arty/obscure (Dutch tilts, etc) with lots of operator movement (swift tilts/pans, head to feet, walk in/outs) + camera crash zooms in/out. The music bed I'll be using is fast and electronic sounding with a thumping bass beat.

My edits will be quick and jarring (in an MTV sort of way) I'll probably throw in some cross stretch/squeeze transitions, white flashes and blooming one shot into another.

All the above I can cope with, however I am fairly new to FCP and I have not had much time to play with combinations of filters re a project like this.

Keep in mind that the underlying 'feel' I want to stylise in is colour, speed, techno, neon, animation. Think along the lines of Tokyo Drift meets Manga on speed!

So can anyone suggest a combination of FCP filters to use (with suggested settings)? I don't have much time so I would prefer to use whatever is built in to FCP rather than external apps or plug ins. That said I am up for some layering or channel usage provided someone gives me very clear instructions on how to achieve the effect in their reply.

Many thanks to all you creative luvvies!
QUOTE Thanks
dronex

dronex is on a distinguished road

A great little package of filters I've used before is Red Giants Magic Looks. Costs a far bit but is worth it as there are lots of cool styles to pick straight out of the box, or you can design you own. Alternatively check out some of the noise industries filters, they do some very cool ones. Hope that helps.

Senior Editor - www.affixxius.com
QUOTE Thanks
Robzilla

Robzilla is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 17" 10.4.8, G4 "Graphite" 10.4.8

Magic Bullet is also a good grab. Lots of excellent pre-builts that you can easily tweak.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Trouble ripping YouTube videos - problem with Leopard? | Saving iMovie stuff to Quick Time »