New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Best Video converter on Mac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mykelala01

mykelala01 is on a distinguished road

Hi im a noob when it comes to MAC but I jump the bandwagon because vista is so much slow. My question is what is the best video converter on MAC or is there any out there that is freeware.
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

IMHO, Handbrake gets the job done nicely. It has a set or presets too if you want to encode videos for certain devices.
QUOTE Thanks
aileen6

aileen6 is on a distinguished road

That's great.

At its best, entertainment is going to be a subjective thing that can't win for everyone, while at worst, a particular game just becomes a random symbol for petty tribal behavior.
John Carmack
QUOTE Thanks
aceflyer

aceflyer is on a distinguished road

Personally I have found visualhub to be the best!...
though its discontinued now...I guess you might be able to get a copy somewhere....
I would seriously recommend it!...

I you just wanna convert for an ipod..you could also use ISquint..
QUOTE Thanks
aggie97

aggie97 will become famous soon enough

It is amazing how many times this questions gets asked.
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie97 View Post
It is amazing how many times this questions gets asked.
We have a lot of what we call "Q & A spammers". They sign up with two accounts, one to post the question, the other to answer it with their crap product as the answer. In fact, I just nuked one of them out of this thread, because their latest tactic is to find old threads and respond to them.

It certainly helps when people use the "report post" function, which is how I identified this particular one.

Keep up the good work, folks!

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
aggie97

aggie97 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
We have a lot of what we call "Q & A spammers". They sign up with two accounts, one to post the question, the other to answer it with their crap product as the answer. In fact, I just nuked one of them out of this thread, because their latest tactic is to find old threads and respond to them.

It certainly helps when people use the "report post" function, which is how I identified this particular one.

Keep up the good work, folks!
That is very good to know. I was wondering why we had so many of these threads each week and why people wouldn't just use the search function. Thanks for the info.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

The spammers are getting very sly also, willing to spend even more time on a forum to make their posts appear as legitimate.

Like Infancier above - 1st post was to respond to the "Q" spammer with one of the typical spammer DVD rippers - and the one above - listing the "Shareware" rippers - they're all the same piece of software with different front ends - the spammers don't care which one of them you buy - because it's all going to the same place

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Automatically add transitions? | MacTheRipper ? - Other Video Software? »