New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Can someone recommend a video camera?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

justismac

justismac is on a distinguished road

Have only been a mac user since November (love it!) but we are thinking of buying a new video camera and have seen lots of posts with problems people have. We have a Macbook 2.0 (alum). I don't expect to do tons of editing, but can anyone recommend a good camera that will be compatible with my mac so I can do some editing if the mood strikes? We were looking at the Canon hv30 or the sony hdr cx12?
QUOTE Thanks
gelasio

gelasio is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Book Pro

I bought a Sony HVR-V1U to do some freelance work a couple of years back.
It works for the occasional interview and statement.
It only shoots 1080i but its fine with me.
The only think I don't like is that it needs a lot of light.
QUOTE Thanks
pace-setter

pace-setter is on a distinguished road

I have done some reading on camcorders and have found this conclusion the new sony camcorder with the 60 or 120 GB hardrive is th best for indoor pictures especially in low light situations. the canon excels outdoors so one must decide where most of there pictures are going to be taken. I recommended to daughter to buy the sony, most of her pictures are inside and the pictures are awesome. the only problem is they are far above standard DVD quality so transfering them to other digital is a bit of a problem but Blue ray recorders are coming down and the media also I have seen some offered by Memorex for about $ 5:00 a 25GB disk.
QUOTE Thanks
Citronbull

Citronbull is on a distinguished road

I bought the Creative Vado HD and I love it. 720p resolution and about as big as the iphone (2xthicker) for $199. Best bang for your buck!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Bitcomet or Similar | AVCHD editing on Macbook »