New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Strange Handbrake-->iPod Touch problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mikey.b@gmx.com

mikey.b@gmx.com is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook4,1 2.4Ghz C2D 4GB RAM 160GB HD OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard | iPod Touch 16gb 2G

Hey guys,

I have been using handbrake for quite a while, and was often using it to convert dvd's to movies for my iPod Classic (320x240 screen), but recently I have tried to convert a dvd to the format and screen resolution for my iPod Touch. I have tried it with 'Hancock' and 'You Don't Mess With the Zohan'.

It seems to convert, but when I play it back on my mac the pictures is really really distorted (like you sometimes get when there is a bad signal on freeview) and becomes very blocky. It is unviewable, although the sound is fine.

I have tried it with the iPhone/iPod Touch preset as well as just putting the settings in for it.

This is the newest version of handbrake, and I have had it for quite a while and it used to work fine.

Need some help please guys!

Cheers

Mike
QUOTE Thanks
mikey.b@gmx.com

Mac Specs: MacBook4,1 2.4Ghz C2D 4GB RAM 160GB HD OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard | iPod Touch 16gb 2G

no one?
QUOTE Thanks
aggie97

aggie97 will become famous soon enough

It is against forum rules to discuss how to copy protected movies or videos. I am guessing this is why you are not getting much of a response to your question seeing as both the movies you mentioned are copy protected.
QUOTE Thanks
mikey.b@gmx.com

Oh ok, thanks didn't realise. I thought it was ok, as they are my movies that I bought on dvd and I only want to rip them for personal use on my iPod.

Thanks though.

Mike
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Quick Question -- Burning Files Onto a DVD | need free software to convert avi to mpeg4 »