New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Internet Video Plug-Ins

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

etownsoc8

etownsoc8 is on a distinguished road

I have several plug-ins that I have downloaded and can view most videos on the internet. However, there are some I can still not view. I am trying to watch videos on diynetwork.com and it will not work. I was reading and I installed flip4mac and the WMV plugins. However I still cant view the video. Any suggestions?? Are there any other essentials plugins for viewing videos on the internet??
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

You will need to install Flash player for the videos at diynetwork and should also install Perian.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
etownsoc8

Ok, I will try both. Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
etownsoc8

bob, I installed both flash player (which I believe I already had) and Perian. I still can't view the actually video. I can watch the advertisement but it doesn't open the actual video which makes me believe I have all necessary programs. Would this be an issue with the website? Also, is there a plugin for Perian??
QUOTE Thanks
etownsoc8

The videos I am trying to view are wmv files which suggests that I need flip4mac and the internet plugins which I have all downloaded in my internet plugins file in my library. The videos that are this format do not play but the videos that are flash files play fine. Any helpful ideas anyone??
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Provide us with a link for the videos that do not play. We can only shoot in the dark without it.

Yes, Flip4Mac should also be installed if you do not have it already.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Problem Exporting from iMovie HD to QuickTime | USB Camera to use as iMovie camera »