New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Final Cut Express capture problems

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

karl ertunc

karl ertunc is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2GHz Intel Core Duo

I have started capturing footage recorded by a Sony DSR-PDX10. I'm getting this message after each capture:

The audio sample rate of one or more of your captured files does not match the sample rate on your source tape. This may cause the video and audio files to be out of sync. Make sure the audio sample rate of your capture preset matches the sample rate of your tape.

How can I solve this problem? I know this isn't a Final Cut Express support/discussion forum, but I can't get logged in to one of those Apple forums although I have created an Apple ID. I also need another forum to find out how one can get logged in to an Apple forum, I suppose! I'm kind of getting upset, spending more time on the Internet then what I actually need doing. How I miss the times where I used to edit using actual film footage and sound transferred on magnetic tape with a good old Steenbeck!

Art allows people that live in this world to find order.
QUOTE Thanks
gelasio

gelasio is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Book Pro

Click on Final cut express and select easy set up.
I'am guessing your capturing settings need adjustment.
from 32 to 48 or viceversa.
I hope this helps.
QUOTE Thanks
dr dave

dr dave is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro (late 2008), OS 10.6.2, FCE 4.0.1, CS 1

Karl:

Create a new sequence and capture the new video into the new one. Export the new sequence to Quick Time and save it somewhere convenient. Import the new QT into the original sequence.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« sony HDR-SR10......HELP !!! | Sony Digital 8 »