Arrow Help with imovie
    First let me say I am completely MAC challenged, so please don't laugh at my questions. I am trying to decide the best course of action under the following circumstances. I own an iBook G4 (1.33 GHz Power PC G4) 512 MB Built-in. I have no idea what that means, but I'm sure it's relevant. I also have a JVC Everio HD camcorder with USB 2.0. The version of imovie that came with our computer is imovie HD 5. I have discovered that this version does not support USB, but that imovie 8 does. However, I'm wondering if our computer will support imovie 8 before I purchase it. If not, is there a way to update our computer so that it will support the imovie 8 software. Thank you!!

On the road
    2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
    No, iMovie 08 and now 09 does not run on that machine. From the Apple requirements page;
    iMovie requires an Intel-based Mac, Power Mac G5 (dual 2.0GHz or faster), or iMac G5 (1.9GHz or faster).
    If the Mac can see the camera as a hard drive with its contents, you might look into avc1Decoder or VoltaicHD.

If you search that camera here, you might find mention of how others have dealt with it.

P.S. Next time please use a better subject line.
    CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.

Michigan, USA
    15" Unibody Macbook Pro 2.8GHZ 4GB, Powerbook G4, etc.
    As far as I know, the Everio HD will show up as a hard drive, anyway.

If you want to import your video straight from the device, I would suggest using the DV - Firewire cable.

Thread Information