Thread: iDVD and Perian

iDVD and Perian
    Hello, I have installed Mac 10.5.5 on my PC last week and ti turned out great. Everything works fine, except one thing. I use Perian to include subtitles in .avi movies. That works great.

So, when I make new project in iDVD and add movie to the project, the preview of the DVD is working great (sound + picture + subtitles). Ok, so I burn the DVD (with the encoding process it takes around 1 hour and 40 minutes to convert divx movie into a DVD), and when I put the dvd in dvd player in my living room, the picture is shown only until first subtitle appears. And when first subtitle appears in the movie, the picture vanishes and the only two thing remaining are sound and subtitles, but no video.

So, I want to make two questions. First, how long does it takes your Macs, to encode 2 hour movie and second is obviously what is the problem. If anyone had or the same problem, how did you fix it.

On the road
    2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
    Does the DVD properly play in Apple's DVD Player application.

I recommend against using divx or other odd formats in the Apple editing tools. It's just a gut feeling, but it seems to me that many problems reported are due to this issue. First convert the odd file to a QuickTime movie file.

Of course, it might be your subtitle program I suppose.
    CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.

Thread Information