Hard drive to TV
    I have alot of unprotected and homemade DVDs Ripped and saved to my hard drive. I play them with DVD Player on my monitor. I would like to play them on my big screen TV. What video card would be good for this?
    Mac G4 QuickSilver 800MHz 512 MB SDRAM 1000MB External Firewire HD. OS X 10.4.11. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks, Manuel

On the road
    2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
    A "big screen TV" is not synonymous with an HD set with digital input.

If you have a newer set with digital imputs (DVI or HDMI), then you need a card with DVI output and perhaps a conversion cable from DVI to HDMI. ATI may still sell something for your box. Check NVidia too.

I was going to send you directly to an exact sales page, but think this is a good opportunity to learn how to use the Macsales site. Go to macsales and click on the video tab to the right. Below in the page you'll see a popup selection labelled "View Options by Computer Model". Choose "Power Mac G4". From there is become obvious enough.

See my specs at the left to see the tower and card I have. My card supports both Core Image and Quartz Extreme. This can be handy for more demanding graphics requirements such as Final Cut Pro.
    CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.

Thread Information