New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Blu-ray burning.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ltlredwagon

ltlredwagon is on a distinguished road

I have a Macbook Pro. Final Cut Express. Toast 9. I'm interested in hearing from those who are now successfully burning blu-ray discs using an external burner. What hardware/software/plugins/discs (inkjet printable?) are you using? Satisfied? Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
raydixon9

raydixon9 is on a distinguished road

Bumping as I am interested as well...I have been recording home movies on a sony HDR-UX5 and would like the extra space to not only burn high-def but also add digital copies lots of photos, menu options other features you just can't add on a limited space
QUOTE Thanks
pjflaherty

pjflaherty is on a distinguished road

As a disclaimer, I am a newbie to video editing. I bought a Sony SR11 about 3 months ago have just started reading/playing around with this, so take whatever I say with a grain of salt.

From what I understand, importing to iMovie converts the AVCHD to Apple's own format and increases the file size. Instead, I was able to copy the .mts file directly from the camcorder's hard drive (linked to the iMac via USB) into Toast (after the $20 blu-ray upgrade). Then I burned a blu-ray formatted disc on a regular DVD-R in my iMac's superdrive. This will not play on a regular dvd player (since it is blu-ray formatted and high def), but it does play on my PS3 and Panasonic BD-30 without problems. I can't notice any difference compared to hooking the camera directly.

I just got a blu-ray burner and haven't tried that yet, but it should work as well.

Note: This is just raw footage from the camera without editing.
QUOTE Thanks
dbnoise

dbnoise will become famous soon enough

Look at some reviews of the blu ray drives on Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Can't import movie from itunes library into ipod classic | camcorder that works with iMovie 06 on a G4 ? »