New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

iMovie HD won't import

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mekkiflpn

mekkiflpn is on a distinguished road

My iMovie HD won't import images or videos. I don't know what's going on?
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

Is iMovie giving any error message?

Run the Console application found in the Utilities folder and then try an import, then look back at the logs in the Console. Do you see any messages from iMovie in those logs?

Perhaps the old (now) 'fix permissions' will help.

CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.
QUOTE Thanks
mekkiflpn

this is what it says:

GraphicsImportGetColorSyncProfile was called for an image that has a ColorSync profile, but the base graphics importer will perform ColorSync matching, so a generic profile is being returned to avoid incorrect matching. To opt out of automatic ColorSync matching and access actual embedded profiles, set the kGraphicsImporterDontUseColorMatching flag.

I have NO idea what that means
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

Details matter when people are trying to analyze problems. You are better off being more verbose and accurately descriptive rather than minimizing your words. Remember that any person trying to respond to your query can't see what is happening and play with your system. Any way...

That error and the setting of that flag is a responsibility of the iMovie programmers. You can't change that flag. I'm assuming that message appeared in iMovie since you didn't say what it was. I'm also assuming you were trying to import an image at the time. I don't like assuming.

Did you try my suggestions? If not, don't bother responding until you can describe the result or say why you haven't tried them. Not knowing how is an acceptable answer.

When you do respond, also mention what version of OS X, iMovie HD, and QuickTime are you using? Sometimes that can help people help you. What are the image types (jpeg, png, bmp) and video types you are trying to import?

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

QUOTE Thanks
mekkiflpn

"It" refers to the Console that you told me to go to when I was trying to figure out the issues of my iMovie HD.

I have Tiger, and I'm using iMovie HD 6.0.3. I can not upload ANY type of file (jpeg, gif, bmp, mov). What happens is that whenever I try to upload a file, the red line that usually goes under that image or file should light up down the line. However, I just have an un-lit red light underneath the file. This means that if I were trying to save the document/file, it won't save NOR does it transfer to Quicktime.

I don't believe my Quicktime settings are affecting my iMovie.

So yes, I have tried your suggestions and I did respond to it...also assuming that you understood that I was answering to your previous comment. I only copy-pasted from what the Console message said, which you recommended me to do.
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

You do have a puzzle. The only mention I could find on this is in Russian. Here is the translated page. It seems to talk about bringing software up to date. Perhaps most of yours is. If I understand it right, it suggests the import is occurring, but rendering feedback isn't. But you suggest you can't export while I think that person could.

iMovie HD is now at 6.0.4 and can be fetched from Apple.

Other things I would try after trying the fix permissions via Disk Utility and bringing all the software up to date; remove the com.apple.iMovie.plist file from your Library/Preferences folder, uninstall iMovie and install the new version.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Conversion formats for avi to dvd Etc. | Importing movies in iMovie »