New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

quicktime cant parse?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

The Lump

The Lump is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: TiBook - 800MHz/1gb/30gb/combo/500gb external

wth does that mean??

i'm making a promo video, at the start i'm trying to insert a picture. i drag it to the bar to add to the imovie project, and i get an error about quicktime can't parse it.

bad enough i had to install iphoto just to insert pics, but now i'm getting errors.....
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

iMovie version? Picture type? Does the picture open in Preview or in Safari?

I don't recall a need to install iPhoto to use photos in iMovie. Just use import or try dragging the image in from a folder.

CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.
QUOTE Thanks
The Lump

imovie 06, iphoto 06, both jpg and png, both open fine in iphoto.
QUOTE Thanks
The Lump

anyone?

i can drag and drop, but it would be nice for all the software to simply work together
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

I don't know. The file types look fine. Are they extra large, or small? I'd try exporting them to see what result you get with the exported file.

You didn't mention if the picture cat be open in Preview or in Safari.

Search the net for the precise error you are getting, including any numeric code. You might come up with something.

CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Problem importing imovie HD project into imovie 08 | Can't Play AVI files »