New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Converting a .swf to .mov in Flash cs3 OR importing a .swf in to FCPro 7

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

polkadotapus

polkadotapus is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro OS X v10.4.11 - 2.4 Intel - 2 GB

** Final Cut Pro 6, sorry! **

All right, so I'm making an interview video and I made some accompanying animations in Flash to add some more interesting visual aspects and give it some structure.

Unfortunately, Final Cut Pro says that the .swf file types are unrecognized/unaccepted/denied. So I decided to try publishing the .swf files as Quicktime movie files with a flash track (by editing publish settings in Flash). ...didn't work, even when I changed the .swf file settings to Flash Player 4 so that the option could still be used. So I tried exporting as a Quicktime movie and became rather frustrated to find that the progress bar labeled "Recording Flash Content" fills up and then.... stays filled up indefinitely. And does not produce any file. I messed with some of the settings, but nothing's been working. Finally, I tried using Quicktime 7.4.5 to open the files and change them, but Quicktime will not open my .swfs.

I've also made some .GIFs and those don't seem to be working, either. I get very strange .GIFs from my simple, 2 second animation.

Can someone please help me either find a way to import .swf files into Final Cut or export .swf files into .mov files? I'm so lost and upset!

Thank you for any input or help.

P.S. - I also have access to cs4, so if anyone knows if cs4's export to Quicktime option is easier to deal with... then that's another option!
QUOTE Thanks
hughvane

hughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacMini 2.4, 4 Gb, OS 10.8 and 10.6; MacBook 2.4, 2 Gb, OS 10.5.8; G4 eMac 1.25, 2 Gb, OS 10.4.11

Is there anything in this link for you? Convert swf to avi mac Free Download
QUOTE Thanks
supergper

supergper is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro, 2.2Ghz, 4GB Memory, 120GB HDD, LCD Display, OS X Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by polkadotapus View Post
All right, so I'm making an interview video and I made some accompanying animations in Flash to add some more interesting visual aspects and give it some structure.

Unfortunately, Final Cut Pro says that the .swf file types are unrecognized/unaccepted/denied. So I decided to try publishing the .swf files as Quicktime movie files with a flash track (by editing publish settings in Flash). ...didn't work, even when I changed the .swf file settings to Flash Player 4 so that the option could still be used. So I tried exporting as a Quicktime movie and became rather frustrated to find that the progress bar labeled "Recording Flash Content" fills up and then.... stays filled up indefinitely. And does not produce any file. I messed with some of the settings, but nothing's been working. Finally, I tried using Quicktime 7.4.5 to open the files and change them, but Quicktime will not open my .swfs.

I've also made some .GIFs and those don't seem to be working, either. I get very strange .GIFs from my simple, 2 second animation.

Can someone please help me either find a way to import .swf files into Final Cut or export .swf files into .mov files? I'm so lost and upset!

Thank you for any input or help.

P.S. - I also have access to cs4, so if anyone knows if cs4's export to Quicktime option is easier to deal with... then that's another option!
You need to use something like the now defunct VisualHub. I haven't checked the status in a while, but it was converted to an open source project called FilmRedux which you can get on SourceForge.net: Open Source Software. It may not be working yet and you'll need xcode loaded to be able to build it. VisualHub used to be able to take almost any format video and convert it to almost any format. Other options are MpegStreamClip, Realbeans, etc.
QUOTE Thanks
polkadotapus

MpegStreamclip won't open .swfs... :/ and I couldn't find Film Redux anywhere. And all the (free) links on the site were for Windows... bah!!
QUOTE Thanks
supergper

supergper is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro, 2.2Ghz, 4GB Memory, 120GB HDD, LCD Display, OS X Tiger

SourceForge.net Repository - [transcoderredux] Index of /
ReelBean
QUOTE Thanks
polkadotapus

All right, I'll try that out
QUOTE Thanks
polkadotapus

Thank you so much! but how do you run/build the program... ? I am not that experienced with anything other than using programs with the interface already set up :/
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« video_ts conversion problems | Another Video Converter Question... »