New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Streaming video to PS3 OR Xbox360 Problems

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

borovy3488

borovy3488 is on a distinguished road

Hi, recently I posted a different thread on problems with Connect360. However, I tried to use TwonkyMedia to stream to my PS3, with the exact same problem as Connect360. Leading me to believe that it is either a problem with my Mac or my network.

What's weird is that it had been working PERFECTLY weeks before, and now for some reason it has started. And I have made no changes to any router settings, or to my Mac. I have the Penryn version of the Mid-level macbook, and my router is a Linksys WRT150N.

If anyone has any suggestions whatsoever, I would love to hear them.

Thanks in advance,
Wayne
QUOTE Thanks
eddielee

eddielee is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 20" iM ac,13.3" Aluminium Unibody Macbook, iPhone 4

And whats the problem? Link to your other thread at the least dude lol...

then ill try help out

Thanks, Eddie
Software Engineering Student, NTU
QUOTE Thanks
borovy3488

HAHA, CRAP! I am a retard.

Anyway, here's a link to my post. The problem is that when I try to stream anything, HD or SD, it will play, but lag (stutter) horribly. Like it will play a couple seconds, sit still for a few seconds, then continue playing for a few seconds, etc...

Sometimes the sound or video will get off because of the lag, and after the lag is over, the video will have to catch up to the audio. Very weird...

Thanks for letting me know about my mistake, and thanks for any help,
Wayne
QUOTE Thanks
Chimpur

Chimpur is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: See Signature

I usually copy over the file i wanna watch on the ps3 and then once i'm done delete it off my ps3
QUOTE Thanks
borovy3488

how do you do that? can you do it over the network? connect macbook to ps3 with usb? some of those HD videos are too big for my flash drive is why I'm asking....
QUOTE Thanks
Chimpur

Chimpur is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: See Signature

Well Its a little time consuming, but what i usually do with videos once I get them is covert them with visual hub. The developer no longer develops the software but I'm sure you an get it still at version tracker. Anyways I convert them to an ipod touch setting at regular quality, that usually gets the files size down a bit, maybe 25%. Then I transfer the file over to the ps3 with software called medialink, its made by the same guys who make connect 360. You need to buy this software, its only $15. Well worth it! Once you set it up and get the ps3 talking to your mac, you an browse the macs files. Then when you find the one you want, you push triangle and select "import file". Then your presented with the ps3's progress bar showing the % of the transfer. Hope this brief explanation helps
QUOTE Thanks
borovy3488

i would do that, and i can with twonky, but it is just too time consuming.....

any other ideas out there.......??????
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Can't delete file! | help for newbie: non-digital 8mm & videotapes to PowerBook G4 »