New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Recording Xbox 360 to Mac...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

SamJ35

SamJ35 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook: 1GB 667 MHz RAM, 2.16 Intel core duo 2, 120GB Hard Drive. Iphone 3G.

Hey guys

I want to record my xbox 360, to a pretty good quality, on my mac. PC users, can use capture cards, now I guess there are capture cards for mac, I just cant seem to find many in stores. (I live in the UK btw) Are there any out there?

Also, I would like to know the best way to use it. For example, the best way to record the sound, and to get the best quality.

Thanks for any replies.

Sam
QUOTE Thanks
SamJ35

Mac Specs: Macbook: 1GB 667 MHz RAM, 2.16 Intel core duo 2, 120GB Hard Drive. Iphone 3G.

Anybody help at all?
QUOTE Thanks
Robzilla

Robzilla is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 17" 10.4.8, G4 "Graphite" 10.4.8

I assume you mean to record directly from the Xbox to your Mac. There is nothing that I know of that would handle a direct interface. There is always the possibility of doing it through another interface like a breakout box or something.
QUOTE Thanks
SamJ35

Yeah, I found this and I'm just wondering about it...

Macintosh Video Capture made easy with the Pinnacle Video Capture for Mac

What would be the best way to record my xbox 360 through this? Doesnt have to be in HD. I don't think that that video capture card can handle HD anyway...

Cheers
QUOTE Thanks
nuggetWRX

nuggetWRX is on a distinguished road

I dont know about the Pinnacle, I used to have one and it burned out my FireWire ports on my PowerMac G5. I would never use a Pinnacle product again if my life depended on it, although it is an inexpensive solution, just not worth the risk to me. Look into this...
Grass Valley ADVC110 Advanced Digital Video Converter - Apple Store (U.S.)
I don't know how easy it would be to get it to the UK, but my cousin manages an Apple store and he recommended it to me, he also purchased one for his father. I am trying to record a PS3 now, I used to have a 360 and it is fully possible, I recorded directly through iMovie HD but now I have Final Cut Express HD and will be trying to use that instead for everything. Best of luck on this.
QUOTE Thanks
SamJ35

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuggetWRX View Post
I dont know about the Pinnacle, I used to have one and it burned out my FireWire ports on my PowerMac G5. I would never use a Pinnacle product again if my life depended on it, although it is an inexpensive solution, just not worth the risk to me. Look into this...
Grass Valley ADVC110 Advanced Digital Video Converter - Apple Store (U.S.)
I don't know how easy it would be to get it to the UK, but my cousin manages an Apple store and he recommended it to me, he also purchased one for his father. I am trying to record a PS3 now, I used to have a 360 and it is fully possible, I recorded directly through iMovie HD but now I have Final Cut Express HD and will be trying to use that instead for everything. Best of luck on this.
Thanks for the reply mate. Shouldn't be too hard for me to get one, my dad is over in the states like once in a while. $280... wow... Not sure if I can afford that right now...

Thanks for the input on pinnacle.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

ElGato is pretty much considered the standard to compare with when it comes to Mac tuner/capture cards.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How? | Sweating The Small Stuff (Final Cut And All Video Editing Software) »