Driver for NV-GS230 Camcorder

Just bought a new 24" iMac and can't get my Panasonic NZ-GS230 camcorder to be recognized by it. Using the Firewire port at back, 4pin from cam, 6pin to mac. I have captured and edited on this camcorder for years on PC with Premiere. I have final cut pro 6 and with or without application running, same result no recognition at all.

Haven't tried usb connection yet as I don't intend to use this option for anything.

Any hep on drivers would be mint! I have searched far and wide on the web to no avail.

On the road
    2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
    Make sure that OS X is seeing the camera by using the System Profiler and and checking the Firewire listing.

From what I could find out, your camera is a mini DV camera. The USB will not be usable for video.

Searching the compatible devices does not list your camera. Of course that doesn't mean it a lot.

An alternative might be to manually play the material and use the 'Capture Now' option.
    CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.

Hi There,

I have just purchased a Maxtor Onetouch 4 Plus External HDD, USB 2.0 and Firewire connection capable. None of the two connections mentioned will allow the iMac to recognize the HDD. I am begining to think that it is the ports on the iMac. I will have it checked under warranty and post a thread regarding the findings.

Thread Information