New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Pioneer External Dvd Mod. Dvr-x162q

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ortega.raul

ortega.raul is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo 2.18MHz

Hi,

I just bought a Pioneer DVD player/writer model DVR-X162Q, but I cannot find whether it can be used with a MacBook Pro or not. If anyone has used one and has comments I'd appreciate your advise,

Regards

Raul Ortega
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

I have a PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-110D installed in my G4 and it just works (I put it in)

Pioneer drives do work well with macs, I am not sure how you gey the OS to use the second drive instead if the internal burner, but I know Toast and the open Source Burn can let you select which burner you want to use

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks
hughvane

hughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacMini 2.4, 4 Gb, OS 10.8 and 10.6; MacBook 2.4, 2 Gb, OS 10.5.8; G4 eMac 1.25, 2 Gb, OS 10.4.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortega.raul View Post
I just bought a Pioneer DVD player/writer model DVR-X162Q, but I cannot find whether it can be used with a MacBook Pro or not.
That's a very newly-released drive, with something called Qflix, intended for movie recording. It's USB2 only, and your MBP will recognise it, but whether or not the software that comes with the drive is MacOS-compatible I cannot say. Check these sites:
Pioneer USA - Press Releases
Pioneer USA - DVD Computer Writers
QUOTE Thanks
ortega.raul

Thanks for your quick reply, do you think that being USB2 only will be a problem to me. I intend to use it only for simple home movies, am not yet a video expert. What I want is to use it with 8cm DVD from my camcorder and the problem with Mac laptops is that you can't use this DVD size.
QUOTE Thanks
ortega.raul

Thanks for your reply, hope it works fine. Will let you know when I start using it.
Cheers
Raul
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« decent video player | FCE4 output options »