New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Audio ahead of video on DVD burn

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Davidk02

Davidk02 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook, Mac Mini, 2 Classic Ipod's, and an old Imac

Hey guys, this is my first post, as most of the problems I come across have already been answered before, but this one I cant find anything. I burned a movie using toast, and when I put it in the DVD player the audio was about 15 seconds ahead of the video. Obviously rendering the disk useless. So I thought I'd use Isquint and click "Optimize for TV", and then try it. The file created by Isquint now has same problem (played in Quicktime). When I play the original file (avi.) in Quicktime Sync is fine. Any ideas what is causing this problem? Thanks for the time and help in advance.
QUOTE Thanks
Annalog

Annalog is on a distinguished road

I have been frantically searching through forums for days looking for a solution. So far nothing has worked. It seems like no matter what I do or what program I use, the same thing keeps happening.

Basically:

- I have an avi file that plays just fine in quicktime (and other players like VLC)

- I first used Popcorn 3 to burn it to DVD, and the audio is about 5 seconds ahead of the video. I tried again this time in toast titanium 9, and same thing happened.

- I don't know too much about codecs, but figured this might be related to the problem. After a few searches, installed perian, and I still have the same problem.

- I tried using iDVD, and I get no audio at all with that option.

- I also tried converting the avi file to an mpeg and a mov, and no matter what format I convert to, the audio is still out of sync.

If anyone can please please please shed some light on this, that would be great... thanks in advance.
QUOTE Thanks
mknabster

mknabster has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Mac Specs: 15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac

You should try Visual Hub by Techspansion. I have had many movies in formats like AVI, MPEG, and MP4 that have had the audio and video not match, like it was a few seconds ahead. But Visual Hub has been able to fix that for me.

-Matt
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

If the entire audio is available, what I would try is to convert the file to an Apple Intermediate Codec, export the audio to a separate AIFF file at 48Khz, then use an appropriate editor to bring them back together and align them manually if need be. Also disable the audio track of the video which will still likely be there.

The reason I suggest the AIC format is this will help to exclude incompatibilities of AVI if any.

CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.
QUOTE Thanks
Annalog

Annalog is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the quick responses!

I tried VisualHub and it did the trick! It's too bad that Techspansion isn't going to be offering it anymore, but i found an older version that worked. It seems like a really important piece of software to have, so is there anything else out there that works this good?

Thanks again!
QUOTE Thanks
Davidk02

Thanks for responding guys. Can you tell me where you found the older version of VisualHub? The one I keep finding is 1.34, but it says it is no longer available for download. Thanks again.
QUOTE Thanks
Davidk02

Found it. Thanks again for the help.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Burning subtitles with a DiVX video | output to monitor FCE problem »