New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Converting

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

man_u_supporter

man_u_supporter is on a distinguished road

I currently use visualhub to convert all my avi movies to dvd. The is fine for single files around 700mb, it turns out as a 3.8gb iso image which I burn to dvd. If you have a better and more efficient technique please let me know.

The problem is that I want to burn 10 tv episodes to dvd and I dont want it to turn out 3.8gb. I want it to turn out higher for better quality and I will put it on a dl dvd.

Now the other thing I want to do is add a menu in the dvd so I can select which tv episode I want to watch.

Visualhub doesnt seem capable of performing this.
QUOTE Thanks
man_u_supporter

Any help guys. I really need to find out how to do menus. When I have the iso image that is outputted by visualhub, is there any way to add chapters and a menu into it. Also need to know how to output it at dual layer.
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

I'd recommend you take a look at Roxio's Toast. It can do exactly what you're looking for.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
man_u_supporter

Yea Ive have toast 9 and whenever I convert a movie and play it on my tv it crops the picture by half.

Its hard to explain, from the middle of the screen to the botton is all blacked out and the picture only shows on the top half.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« FCP frame loss problems :o | movie / pics in iPhoto not showing in iDVD? »