New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

iMac - Netflix Instant View from Imac to TV

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jrod81

jrod81 is on a distinguished road

Hey guys,
I have instant view with Netflix and would rather watch it on my 50 inch DLP TV rather than my 20inch IMAC. The Imac is on the other side of the room from the TV so i am not sure what options I have, but any help would be greatly appreciated... What cable do I need and perhaps I can just hide it along the baseboard of my living room? Any other options?
thanks
jared
QUOTE Thanks
dakineyj

dakineyj will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5

You could do it. You would have to get a Mini-DVI to HDMI cable, or similar, long enough. That would be just for the video though. Then you would have to run another cable(s) for audio. Or just get a Mac Mini and put it by the TV, heh heh.
QUOTE Thanks
mshale

mshale is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacbookPro 2.5GHz, 4GB RAM, 250GB @5200 rpm Hard Drive, OS X 10.5

I've had some experience with this, actually. Last time I tried though, netfilx didn't support Instant on a mac. Are you using Windows? From my experience, the resolution factor is downright crappy when using a tv as a monitor, which is what you are talking about doing. It's either too small and doesn't fill the tv, or it all won't fit. Whenever I did it, I was not able to see the dock or the menu bar of the screen, and not to mention, the audio and video were not synced b/c of the tv...

I think the best solution for this problem is the Roku NetFlix player, or the xbox 360 (as of the new Dashboard update tomorrow).

Good Luck!

One does what one can... but together we can do more.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Play NTSC and PAL in my MacBook | .mpg into .mov »