New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

iMovie Split Screen & Final Cut Pro 5

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Tracy

Tracy is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone!

I have come across a problem that I cant seem to solve on my own... I am editing footage in iMovie - basically the scene is where a guy is walking down a street and the busker to the right is also him too - the split screen clone idea...

I could not for the life of me get it to work in iMovie so I had a go at Final Cut Pro 5 (which I am still getting to grips with, but currently prefer iMovie as if I am honest FCP scares me ha!) and I managed to get the scene to work with a little google searching.

However, (breathe in...) when I export it from FCP then try and import into iMovie the quality changes dramatically, I have black borders around the scene, judders where there weren't before.

Soooo, my questions to you all, the collective oracle, are:
1. is there anyway I can improve the exported version
or
2. is there a way of doing this in iMovie...?

Many thanks for your help!
Tracy
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

If you are talking about iMovie 08, then there are no such effects available. If an older version then check out GeeThree.

How are you do the export; codec, sizes, etc.

CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.
QUOTE Thanks
Tracy

Tracy is on a distinguished road

Ahh, thanks for the link for GeeThree, will see if this works, looks like there are many other effects to use, I'm gonna go effect C-R-A-Z-Y ha!

Thanks for your time!
Tracy
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« So who officially has any Adobe CS4 Products yet? | iMovie and hard drives »