New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

I Need a Program to Download FLV's from the WEB

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Easy Mac

Easy Mac is on a distinguished road

I'm having a problem finding a program to download FLV files from the web.
I'm not looking for a converter. Just a program to download the videos from a webpage. Pretty simple idea but having a problem finding a program.

I know of one program called SWF & FLV Player PRO. But you have to buy it.
I'm looking for one for free. I know they exist!

MAC GODS HELP ME FOR I AM IN NEED.
I'M NOT WORTHY!
QUOTE Thanks
XJ-linux

XJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBookAir5,2:10.9.4-MacMini3,1:10.9.4-iPhone6,1:7.1.2

Watch the video in your browser or just let it cache completely. In the top of your browser select the "Window" menu item and the "Activity". A windows will pop open with a ">" for each tab you have open in your browser. When you click the ">" it will expand the items that your Mac has accessed from the web page. You can select the items who's size is increasing if it is still caching or if it's done then select the largest file. Select the file and hit "Option" + double-click and it will download to your default download spot. You can then view the .flv with Adobe Media Player or many other applications.

"Those who don't understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." Henry Spencer
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

Use firefox and get the add on Fast Video Downloader

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks
hugtheslug

hugtheslug is a jewel in the roughhugtheslug is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2013 MacBook Air i5 13" / MacBook C2D 2.13GHz / iMac G5 iSight 1.9GHz / iMac G5 1.6 GHz / Pismo G4

VLC is good for viewing .flv files, iSquint for converting to MP4 for iPod use.

Hope this helps in anticipating your next move . . .

Cheers

Hugh
QUOTE Thanks
Henshin-a-go-go

Henshin-a-go-go is an unknown at this point

Here's a page full of past forum posts regarding FLV downloading.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« New to VLC...what's with the lag? | *.avi files - sound but no picture »