New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

How can I burn a DVD from iMovie?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

samread

samread is on a distinguished road

I have completed an edited movie in iMovie. Now I would like to burn this to a DVD-R which plays in a DVD player as well as on my iMac.
I've played the tutorials - read the instructions - but can't do it. I don't want a "theme" in iDVD, just a simple copy of my movie on DVD.
Copies of my movie are now on iTunes, iMovie, iDVD, the desktop ....... you name it, it's there. But when it comes to burning it, either I get a DVD that plays only on a Mac or the DVD is ejected before any burning takes place.
I'm working with a 24" iMac, OS 10.5.5, iMovie '08 7.1.4 ..........
Tearing my hair out hasn't helped either. Any easy-to-understand step-by-step instructions would be really appreciated.
Harry
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

Truth be told, I don't know if you can make a DVD with iDVD without a theme.

You can set your iDVD project to start the movie on insert of the disc though. Click on the hierarchy button, first round one of three near the bottom center, and drag your movie to the square that says "Drag content here to automatically play when the disc in inserted.". If the movie has chapters, then drag the first one to that location and remove the rest.

Another tip is to first create the image to a disc image; File --> "Save As Disc Image...". That way you can test it first before burning an actual disc. The technique also helps to separate burning issues from disc creation issues. You can use Disc Utility to burn the disc I believe.

CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.
QUOTE Thanks
mayor43

mayor43 is on a distinguished road

I recently bought a new MacBook pro and have been editing with iMovie and a Sony HD camera. I finally finished my first video and put it on a dvd. I just exported to my desktop. I then opened iDvd and either imported it or dragged and dropped it in cant remember. I did about a 20-30 min video and it took like a hour and a half though.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Convert .swf to video | Audio Fade In/Out »