Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1


    Member Since
    Oct 11, 2008
    Posts
    112
    Exclamation does MacBook 17 burns DVD-R?
    Hey guys,i need help with this i bought toast tatinium 9 software assuming that my macbook would burn DVD-R,but i cant find a way to burn a dvd anywhere in my comp,is there anyway i can do it or my macbook doesnt burn dvd-r or i need to buy another type of dvd??,any help will be very helpful to this newbie on Mac,thanks!!

  2. #2


    Member Since
    Apr 28, 2006
    Posts
    2,542
    Specs:
    iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
    Of course your MacBook whatever will burn a DVD-R. Just open Toast, go to Recorder > Disc Info, and see whether your disc is writeable or not.

  3. #3

    bad.heron's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 15, 2008
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    285
    Specs:
    15.4" Macbook Pro, 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR3, 128GB SSD Drive, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M+9600M GT
    Your Macbook should have a superdrive which will be able to burn any time of CD/DVD without a problem (not blu ray ofcourse)
    15.4" Apple Unibody Macbook Pro Mac OS X Snow Leopard (10.6.4), 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1066Mz DDR3 SDRAM (2x2GB), 128GB Solid State Drive (SSD), NVIDIA GeForce 9400M + 9600M GT with 512MB, SuperDrive 8X - Apple Remote Infrared (IR) - Logitech MX Performance 2.4 GHz Wireless - Apple Keyboard Bluetooth - iPhone 4 32GB, Black

  4. #4


    Member Since
    Oct 11, 2008
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by goobimama View Post
    Of course your MacBook whatever will burn a DVD-R. Just open Toast, go to Recorder > Disc Info, and see whether your disc is writeable or not.
    I tried that and everytime says to insert a blank cd,not DVD,maybe I got to do some other steps,but still I used other ways like simple create a burn folder in desktop and says the same,insert a blank disc,that's why I thought that my MacBook didn't burn DVDs

  5. #5


    Member Since
    Apr 28, 2006
    Posts
    2,542
    Specs:
    iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
    Wait a minute. What model is it? In the title of this post, it says MacBook 17, which I assume to be a MacBook Pro 17". If you bought the MacBook base model, it would not have come with a DVD burner.

    To see whether your drive can burn DVDs, click on the Apple icon in your menubar > About this mac > More Info > then navigate to your optical drive and see the specs.

  6. #6


    Member Since
    Oct 11, 2008
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by goobimama View Post
    Wait a minute. What model is it? In the title of this post, it says MacBook 17, which I assume to be a MacBook Pro 17". If you bought the MacBook base model, it would not have come with a DVD burner.

    To see whether your drive can burn DVDs, click on the Apple icon in your menubar > About this mac > More Info > then navigate to your optical drive and see the specs.
    Yes,i checked and theres no DVDR,so is there a way to install this driver?or i just cant have a dvdr burner

  7. #7

    Kash's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 03, 2006
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    9,385
    Specs:
    Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
    If it says that you don't have burning capabilities, it's because of a hardware limitation, not a software one. So no matter which driver you install, your drive isn't about to magically be able to start burning.

    June 2007
    July 2009

  8. #8


    Member Since
    Oct 11, 2008
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post
    If it says that you don't have burning capabilities, it's because of a hardware limitation, not a software one. So no matter which driver you install, your drive isn't about to magically be able to start burning.
    I know,but would i be able to add dvd burner?

  9. #9

    Kash's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 03, 2006
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    9,385
    Specs:
    Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
    You mean swap out the one in your system with a burner? Sure, but it'll take a lot of work as they aren't meant to be easily replaced.

    June 2007
    July 2009

  10. #10


    Member Since
    Apr 28, 2006
    Posts
    2,542
    Specs:
    iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
    You could also get yourself an external burner. They work just fine.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. DVD only burns 2 GB on a 4.7 GB disc?
    By stevendom in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-31-2010, 06:59 PM
  2. DVD Burn folder only burns 'alias'
    By (L)SD in forum Movies and Video
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-24-2010, 04:51 AM
  3. Mac Burns
    By warriorsoul7 in forum Switcher Hangout
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-19-2010, 10:05 PM
  4. Multiple Burns on a DVD?
    By hesper in forum OS X - Apps and Games
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-21-2010, 11:43 AM
  5. MBP Superdrive burns cd's but not dvd's
    By EnVysioNeD in forum Other Hardware and Peripherals
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-04-2010, 09:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •