Exclamation does MacBook 17 burns DVD-R?
    Hey guys,i need help with this i bought toast tatinium 9 software assuming that my macbook would burn DVD-R,but i cant find a way to burn a dvd anywhere in my comp,is there anyway i can do it or my macbook doesnt burn dvd-r or i need to buy another type of dvd??,any help will be very helpful to this newbie on Mac,thanks!!

Specs:
    iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
    Of course your MacBook whatever will burn a DVD-R. Just open Toast, go to Recorder > Disc Info, and see whether your disc is writeable or not.

Specs:
    15.4" Macbook Pro, 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR3, 128GB SSD Drive, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M+9600M GT
    Your Macbook should have a superdrive which will be able to burn any time of CD/DVD without a problem (not blu ray ofcourse)
    15.4" Apple Unibody Macbook Pro Mac OS X Snow Leopard (10.6.4), 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1066Mz DDR3 SDRAM (2x2GB), 128GB Solid State Drive (SSD), NVIDIA GeForce 9400M + 9600M GT with 512MB, SuperDrive 8X - Apple Remote Infrared (IR) - Logitech MX Performance 2.4 GHz Wireless - Apple Keyboard Bluetooth - iPhone 4 32GB, Black

Quote Originally Posted by goobimama View Post
    Of course your MacBook whatever will burn a DVD-R. Just open Toast, go to Recorder > Disc Info, and see whether your disc is writeable or not.
    I tried that and everytime says to insert a blank cd,not DVD,maybe I got to do some other steps,but still I used other ways like simple create a burn folder in desktop and says the same,insert a blank disc,that's why I thought that my MacBook didn't burn DVDs

Specs:
    Wait a minute. What model is it? In the title of this post, it says MacBook 17, which I assume to be a MacBook Pro 17". If you bought the MacBook base model, it would not have come with a DVD burner.

To see whether your drive can burn DVDs, click on the Apple icon in your menubar > About this mac > More Info > then navigate to your optical drive and see the specs.

Quote Originally Posted by goobimama View Post
    Wait a minute. What model is it? In the title of this post, it says MacBook 17, which I assume to be a MacBook Pro 17". If you bought the MacBook base model, it would not have come with a DVD burner.

To see whether your drive can burn DVDs, click on the Apple icon in your menubar > About this mac > More Info > then navigate to your optical drive and see the specs.
    Yes,i checked and theres no DVDR,so is there a way to install this driver?or i just cant have a dvdr burner

Specs:
    Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
    If it says that you don't have burning capabilities, it's because of a hardware limitation, not a software one. So no matter which driver you install, your drive isn't about to magically be able to start burning.

June 2007
    July 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post
    If it says that you don't have burning capabilities, it's because of a hardware limitation, not a software one. So no matter which driver you install, your drive isn't about to magically be able to start burning.
    I know,but would i be able to add dvd burner?

Specs:
    Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
    You mean swap out the one in your system with a burner? Sure, but it'll take a lot of work as they aren't meant to be easily replaced.

June 2007
    July 2009

Specs:
    You could also get yourself an external burner. They work just fine.

Thread Information