New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

.m4v to .wmv Conversion

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

loshman55

loshman55 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 20" 1GB RAM 2.4 Ghz Intel iMac

Hello-

I've searched the forum here and the net and have been unable to find a solution for converting .m4v files to Windows Media .wmv files. The issue is that I'm creating audio slide shows in iMovie that I'd like to share with colleagues using Windows. If they don't have Quicktime (downloading it isn't always an option as they're on corporate systems) then they can't view the movies.

Does anyone have a recommendation as to how I can either create them in .wmv format or convert them? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Losh
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

If you are giving a copy of your movie on DVD/CD, just include a copy of windows quicktime

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
loshman55

loshman55 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 20" 1GB RAM 2.4 Ghz Intel iMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman View Post
If you are giving a copy of your movie on DVD/CD, just include a copy of windows quicktime
No, I'm just trying to publish it on the web but appreciate the suggestion.
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

use an app like FFmpegX to convert it to flash FLV format if you want a good universal web format

ffmpegX a DVD, SVCD, VCD, CVD, VOB, DivX, XviD, H.264, PSP, iPod, MP4, MOV encoder for Mac OSX

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? – use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks
dtaylor15

dtaylor15 is on a distinguished road

there is a QT player on my mac, downloaded a woodworking video online and it is in the .wmv format, but when I click on it, it says don't recognize. any suggestions.? thanks...Dennis
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtaylor15 View Post
there is a QT player on my mac, downloaded a woodworking video online and it is in the .wmv format, but when I click on it, it says don't recognize. any suggestions.? thanks...Dennis
Download and install Perian - The swiss-army knife of QuickTime® components and Windows Media Components for QuickTime - by Flip4Mac and you should be good to go.

Cheers

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
dtaylor15

dtaylor15 is on a distinguished road

great advice, downloaded, installed and watched the woodworking video's, worked great without a problem. thanks again. Dennis
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iMovie problems | iMOVIE Disk Space Saving? »