New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

no sound in quicktime, help with codecs

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

macbookg5

macbookg5 is on a distinguished road

All of a sudden movies in quicktime have no sound. I want to burn the movie to DVD so I want to make sure it works in qt.

After browsing the boards I came across a post that said someone had too many codecs and needed to delete some. These are the codecs in my quicktime library. I don't want to delete anything without asking first, so if you could please help me out with what I can delete and what to keep I'd appreciate it.

Also if you think there is a codec missing or another reason that the sound is not working, please let me know.

MacHD>Library>Quicktime>

A52Codec
AC3Codec
AC3Codec(another one)
AC3MovieImport
AvilImporterIntel(im guessing i can delete this one since im on ppc)
DivXDecoder
DivXEncoder
Flip4MacWMVAdvanced
Flip4MacWMVExport
Flip4MacWMVImport
FLV
Perian
XviD_Codec alpha
XviD_Codec-r58(another intel)
XviDDelegate
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe