New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

File size too large? (How do I save a movie?) plz help

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

NashTax

NashTax is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 20" iMac, iPhone 3G

Wonder if you could help me with something.. I've made videos after videos blogging on the iSight saying a thank you to you ect, when I drag the file onto my desktop it's over 500MB in size and of course, far too large to upload to video sharing websites..

Steve, how can I save the file so it cuts a lot of the size down? I used AVS Video Editor on XP but just been to the website and there is no support for Mac.

Any help would be great, thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
Del

Del has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ

Open in quicktime, then export using 'expert settings' and set the settings so that it exports at a smaller physical size, lower bitrate etc
QUOTE Thanks
NashTax

NashTax is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 20" iMac, iPhone 3G

Can you help me through this? I can't even find these settings! haha!
QUOTE Thanks
dakineyj

dakineyj will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5

I think you have to have upgraded to Quicktime Pro to do that. Take a look at ffmegx, it's free and easy.

http://homepage.mac.com/major4/
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

I'm missing something. You are asking about PC software on a Mac forum. Why? Check this link for some leads.

I looked at their page and it says that the software can export to QuickTime or MP4, so choose one and learn how to reduce the files size by customizing the bit rate. I discuss that for iMovie in two guides I wrote. Those might help you understand this stuff a little.

P.S. If you can't see my site, that is because I've chosen this weekend to change hosts and that may mess things up for about 48 hours.

CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Transferring movie files wirelessly to PS3 | JVC MG330H and iMovie »