MDD 867, 2GB, ATI 9800 Pro, 10.5.x
    LT Quickcam Pro 9000 - RightLight2 hack?
    I'd like to start off by saying that logitech is mean and doesn't care about making webcam software for me. However, they did have a 10.5 control center update and now my mouse is working correctly, so they're only half mean. Anyways..

I bought the 9000 after reading that this webcam was UVC compliant. It has great video, an excellent mic and the framerate is isight worthy, but only when there's A LOT of light. I'm to understand that the rightlight2 technology is affecting the fps, so lower light, lower framerate. Software developed for the PC controls this option, but of course there's nothing in development for mac (you'd think LT would hop on this after releasing the Vision).

Does anybody know how to break into this webcam to turn off the rightlight2 technology? Hopefully one of the big dogs has an answer.

Try iGlasses trial period from - the demo will let you at least test it out and help compensate for lighting and color-balance.

I don't know if that will help frame-rate tho. What's interesting about iGlasses is that it's smart enough to recognize HARDWARE features that SOME cameras have that other's don't. As I've tried different webcams, some might show, say, hardware Sharpness or White-Balance options available in iGlasses that another cam doesn't support and therefore doesn't show in the adjustments panel.

Good lighting is the #1 rule for capturing anything. But it does SUCK if you have to have desk lighting so bright you feel like a deer in a car's headlights or you're on-stage.

MDD 867, 2GB, ATI 9800 Pro, 10.5.x
    I bought iGlasses and it was a worthy purchase, but didn't fix the framerate unfortunately. I guess the vision pro corrected this problem so LT definitely won't be writing any software. Thanks for the reply

Thread Information