New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Burning DVD on dvd studio pro 4

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

sulllivanvizual

sulllivanvizual is on a distinguished road

Hey mac users , I am stuck in a rut at the moment trying to burn my master copy of my film . Its coming up FORMATING WAS NOT SUCCESSFUL,NOT ENOUGH SPACE ON OUTPUT MEDIA does anyone know what the output media is thanks...... SULVIZ08
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Output media should be your DVD, you are trying to create.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
melmation

melmation has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 1st Gen with upgraded Ram and Hard drive

When you have DVD studio pro open and your project is open, look at the top right hand corner and there should be a file size bar which shows you the size of your project. If you are burning to a single layer DVD which is 4.7Gb in size, then it may be your project is over that size and therefor there isn't enough room to burn your project onto your disc.

There are two ways to get round this...

1) If your Mac had a dual layer burner, buy some blank dual layer DVD's and burn your project to that.

2) Go into the settings and have DVD studio pro re-render the mpeg2 files at a lower bit rate so they will all go onto one disk.

Chances are you have just put too many video files at a high data rate into your project.

Mel

MacBook Pro 1.83Ghz 2Gb RAM 320Gb hard drive
iPhone 4 16Gb
iPod photo 20Gb
QUOTE Thanks
tcross04

tcross04 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: mac Pro 2 X 2.66 Dual-Core

melmation, you may be right but I think I have run into the same message when the disk drive that saves the ts folder to gets low on space. I'm not in front of my computer but once you tell it to build and format, the box that comes up after that, you can specify a folder to build the ts folder to first. You may need to tell it to create the ts folder on another drive, or you can skip that step altogether, though the burn is a little less reliable. Be sure you check the burn.

peace
T

Apple makes it easy to be an artist or a hack, don't be a hack.
QUOTE Thanks
tcross04

tcross04 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: mac Pro 2 X 2.66 Dual-Core

did you get it figured out?

peace
T

Apple makes it easy to be an artist or a hack, don't be a hack.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Visual Problems in iDVD | I want to take video out of Keynote »