New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

iMovie won't access iPhoto on sidebar

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

avenger74350

avenger74350 is on a distinguished road

I've been using iMovie 6.0.3 for about 3 weeks now. When I first started to use it, clicking on the media then photos buttons allowed me to access my pictures from iPhoto. However, few days ago for some weird reason I get a message that says, "Open iPhoto2 or later or Aperture 1.5 or later to see photos from your iPhoto or Aperture library in this list."

I'm using iPhoto 6.0.6, I don't get why iMovie won't let me see the pictures from iPhoto!!! When I drag and drop the pictures from iPhoto onto iMovie it's fine, still allows me to play with Ken effects, etc. But I can't load it straight from using iMovie. Hope this paints a clear picture. If it doesn't here's a link of the screen to show you what I mean......

Any help is great, thanks.

iBook G4 1.33 GHz; 1.5GB DDR SDRAM; OSX
QUOTE Thanks
avenger74350

avenger74350 is on a distinguished road

I'm guessing no1 has a clue. Anyone?

iBook G4 1.33 GHz; 1.5GB DDR SDRAM; OSX
QUOTE Thanks
tcross04

tcross04 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: mac Pro 2 X 2.66 Dual-Core

let's start by finding out why it stopes working in the firtlst place. Did you do any updates recently, especially to iMovie? Has anything changed from the last time you were able to access iPhoto?

peace
T

Apple makes it easy to be an artist or a hack, don't be a hack.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« odd audio file referencing | Codec Chaos »