Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Capture Card For Mac
    I love macs, but the only thing that sucks about is that it's nearly impossible to find a good capture card for it. After much searching I found this http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSit...re+for+Mac.htm
    Now it looks perfect, but the thing that's holding me back is that it says it automatically converts it for itunes. Now i was just wondering whether somebody knew whether the device converts the video or the software that comes with it converts it. I want to be able to record it into imovie or final cut. And if it doesn't work, could you tell me of a good capture card for the mac that will work on imovie. please help

Specs:
    MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano
    I have heard mixed reviews on the pinnacle units. I use the Elgato EyeTV 250
    Its done some nice video for me but haven't tried to go into iMovie with them.
    http://www.elgato.com/elgato/na/main...oduct1.en.html

anything a little cheaper? just in case i can save a few dollars. and do you know how it would do with video games?
    o, and is the software that comes with it work well?

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 17" 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo: 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3 (Antiglare)
    Yeah thats a bit expensive :X

Specs:
    MBP - 895LL/A - 15.4" Santa Rosa C2D - 2GB RAM - 120 (onboard), 500GB ext FW/eSATA/USB2 HDDs
    Clarify something.. when you say capture *card*, are you using a Mac desktop or a Mac laptop? The result here will make a huge difference. If you are using a Mac Pro (desktop) or other Mac desktop, then you will want to find a dedicated upgrade peripheral card. If you're using a Macbook/MBP, you can certainly use a USB capture device or external (dongle) device, such as the eyeTV 250 plus, or Miglia products, which are also good.

Cheers!
    "Of all the things I've ever lost, I think I miss my mind the most." -- Calvin

i'm definetley talking about an external device. sorry i didn't specify on that. and thanks for the suggestion for the eyeTV 250. Im definetly going to get it. it definetly beats the one i was looking at a while ago (easycap). so does the eyetv 250 plus record high definition video like from the xbox components?

saves me making a new thread. i was looking for some sort of capture card as well. I'm on the new iMac (2.66ghz) and i was wondering whats the best way to convert all of my old vhs home movie tapes to digital format

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 17" 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo: 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3 (Antiglare)
    I wish they were free. Oh well. Thanks guys.

Specs:
    Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
    I have had great success with the EyeTV hybrid from Elgato

I am trying to record content from my ps3 onto my mac. I think I am going to get something from Miglia. when I looked on their site, I only found the TVMini +. This only takes in SD content. Is there anything from them that records HD content? Preferably HDMI

edit: i found the TVMini HD, but can this record content from my ps3?

Specs:
    MBP - 895LL/A - 15.4" Santa Rosa C2D - 2GB RAM - 120 (onboard), 500GB ext FW/eSATA/USB2 HDDs
    As long as it's not HDCP-protected content, then yes. In other words, it should record content from your PS3's games, but it most likely won't record from a Blu-Ray disc.

Cheers!
    "Of all the things I've ever lost, I think I miss my mind the most." -- Calvin

Quote Originally Posted by phxazmacaddict View Post
    As long as it's not HDCP-protected content, then yes. In other words, it should record content from your PS3's games, but it most likely won't record from a Blu-Ray disc.

Cheers!
    looking at how it works, it looks like it can only record TV shows

Capturing hassles
    Hi there, my Imac is driving me nuts. I just baught a copy of Final Cut pro and I cannot seem to upload footage. the program keeps telling me "time code error" now iv tried googling this error to find ways to fix it but nothing i seem to do is working. I havent done anything to the tape, i just finished filming, rewound it and tried uploading. Can any one help?

re:
    yeah... might you be trying to make videos for something like youtube from your xbox? In the case that you are, I am actually researching the same thing. If You happen to come across answers would you mind telling me thanks. Stewieno1

Specs:
    2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
    Quote Originally Posted by terrible1 View Post
    Hi there, my Imac is driving me nuts. I just baught a copy of Final Cut pro and I cannot seem to upload footage. the program keeps telling me "time code error" now iv tried googling this error to find ways to fix it but nothing i seem to do is working. I havent done anything to the tape, i just finished filming, rewound it and tried uploading. Can any one help?
    Rather than trying to hijack an unrelated thread, I suggest you post a new one. When you do that, add the versions numbers of software used and tried, and your camera information. Also, try iMovie to see what it does.
    CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.

Thread Information