New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

iMovie Problems

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jjby1000

jjby1000 is on a distinguished road

1. Only half of the effects will work, when i click on some of the effects an error noise can be heard and then when i click apply this message appears -

2. For the effects that let me select and apply them they don't render and the red bar just stay like this -

Please help me with this if you can as I need to get this video finished.
QUOTE Thanks
Mitcherooney

Mitcherooney will become famous soon enough

Greetings jjby.

Can you let us know what effect you are trying to render and how long is the clip you are working on?

iMovie 08 or 06?

Cheers Mitcherooney
QUOTE Thanks
jjby1000

The clip that wont render is less than a second long but it wont work for any clip of any length. The effect I am trying to use is earthquake and I am using iMovie 06
QUOTE Thanks
Mitcherooney

Mitcherooney will become famous soon enough

Hello again.

Well, I've tried to simulate the problem with a one second clip(!) and something a bit more realistic - one second isn't really long enough to see the effect, surely. The point is, it works for me.
The only suggestion that springs to mind is that the whole project (particularly any discarded bits of the movie) are clogging up the system. Check to see how there is in your project trash (bottom right hand corner). If there's a lot, empty it. IMovie will ask you to save the project. Then try again. Hope this might be a solution to your problem. Let me know. Chhers M
QUOTE Thanks
jjby1000

cheers for the help mate, just tried it and it still wont work, i'm starting to think that it is a problem with my computer because i'm just lost for ideas on how to fix it. I really appreciate the help though.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Macbook To Tv (please read!!!) | Mid-Range Alternative to iMovie »