New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Hi....advice on recording video and music simultaneously...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

guitardiary

guitardiary is on a distinguished road

Hi...

I was a member of these forums a few years back when I was looking for the right Mac for me, but I dont seem to be able to log in anymore. No worries though

A bit of an intro...Im Carl. I play the geetar and make my own music in a kind of cinematic/atmospheric/soundtracky/ambient/trip hop vibe

Over the past year I have been recording guitar lessons/demonstrations to put on youtube but I have been having a bit of a problem. Basically I have been wanting to record myself playing simultaneously with the backing track. Currently I dont seem to have any options for doing this. I use IMovie and when I paste up a backing track it just wipes the sound as soon as I hit record. I notice you can overdub sound, but that is obviously not what I want.

Are there any programs that you can recommend that could do this job for me?

Oh and just for your interest, here are the videos I have done so far
www.youtube.com/user/guitardiary

And some of my music. I made 'Numb' with my Mac-
www.myspace.com/sonicabstractions

Thanks in advance!

Carl
QUOTE Thanks
greenleader

greenleader is on a distinguished road

Hi there, after much searching about without any luck, as a last resort I tried out Quicktime Pro. I'm using Jamvox as my audio in and guitar processing but Amplitube/Guitar Rig would work just as well. It can also play backing tracks. In Quicktime, I simply do File/New Movie recording. It automatically uses my isight and the audio from the Jamvox. It saves so much hassle...I am super pleased!!!! It also saves in H.264 - internet ready.

Good luck!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Ripping DVDs to External Hard Drive - Advice on Software | Suggestions for how to convert avi to dvd or mp4 »