New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

AVCHD camcorder choices and real-world users

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

phxazmacaddict

phxazmacaddict is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP - 895LL/A - 15.4" Santa Rosa C2D - 2GB RAM - 120 (onboard), 500GB ext FW/eSATA/USB2 HDDs

Alright, here goes... I am exploring the purchase of a high-def tapeless camcorder within the next few weeks (preferably one that supports full HD at 1080i, uses flash memory, and is going to be fairly light on my wallet). For those of you out there who own and/or use AVCHD, could I get some real-world commentary and/or tips on models that you've had success with, and any other assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

"Of all the things I've ever lost, I think I miss my mind the most." -- Calvin
QUOTE Thanks
ach1302

ach1302 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacPro 2.88, MacBook, G5 iMac

I love my AVCHD camcorder. It is easier to deal with than tape. My Canon's HF100 video quality is excellant. I have yet seen my friend's HDV video off tape because it is hard to carry and play back on removable media. But he has seen mine played back off SDHC off a card reader or off DVDs. You can (if you limit the size of the files,) burn it to standard DVD and play it back on Blue ray players in HD without and major rendering. It is easy to unload, playback and archive.

See additional comment in my post in the thread:

AVCHD Video Editors

My main criteria for a HD camcorder is low light performance. I am very pleased with my HF100. My wife wanted size and no tapes.

Check out reviews on: http://www.camcorderinfo.com

Al
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« AVCHD Video Editors | Final Cut won't do video transitions »